Talend Developer (Job Number: 2216763 ) As a Penske Talend Developer (Associate Data Engineer III) you will perform project leadership role to complete high-level and technical systems design for new and enhanced systems. You will be performing software testing as well as providing support to end users for a diverse range of applications. Qualified candidates for this role will have experience working with Talend and AWS. This position can sit out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA, or our IT Center in Tampa, FL. Responsibilities:
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives as well as prepare detailed specifications.
- Required to involve and participate in data architecture, data modeling, statistical modeling, regression analysis, and implementation of best practices.
- Required to collaborate and work with multiple team members between various IT/Business teams and mentor junior team members.
- Required to prepare functional specifications, technical design, and test plan documentation for all the projects.
- Involve in building data pipelines, data ingestions, data integrations, data preparations, NLPs, and traditional Data-warehouse/BI systems across multiple projects.
- Involve in designing, validating, and implementing multiple projects (BI & Analytical) across the hybrid infrastructure (On-cloud to On-Premises and vice versa)
- Willing to work across multiple Data Engineering platforms and projects.
- Provide technical support to end users.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history), and drug screening are required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years in Data Engineering (BI/DWH/ETL) Development experience, at least 4-5 years with Talend and Big Data.
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on Data Engineering, Data Visualization, or Data Science projects.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with distributed database environments and related database concepts
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Talend Data Integration and Big Data skills.
- Experience in working with Talend, Microservices, CICD workflow, and complex transformation components. Manage Talend code artifacts using repository tools such as Git/SVN. Well-versed with deploying, migrating, and publishing code in Talend Environments.
- Experience with writing complex SQL in DB2/Oracle/Greenplum/S3 Data Lakes
- Experience with Hadoop-based analytics, such as HBase, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce and Apache Sqoop, and Apache Spark
- Experience with any cloud platform, preferably AWS.
- Proficiency in languages, especially R, SAS, Python, C/C , Ruby Perl, and Java
- Full lifecycle development experience in a large complex transactional processing environment