We are looking for a Solutions Architect with expertise in containerization, DevOps practices, and running databases in production. Must have extensive knowledge of software development landscape that will help sales teams present the most optimal solutions to customers, the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory, and a customer-focused mindset. Must be a hands-on technical expert who will support sales activities in the region.
Portworx is the cloud native storage company that enterprises depend on to reduce the cost and complexity of rapidly deploying containerized applications across multiple clouds and on-prem environments.With Portworx, you can manage any database or stateful service on any infrastructure using any container scheduler. You get a single data management layer for all of your stateful services, no matter where they run. Portworx thrives in multi-cloud environments.
The Portworx Solution Architecture team is responsible for providing pre-sale deep technical and business expertise to customers who want to run stateful applications in containers and automate “Day 2” data management workflows. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on development and enhancement of products.
- 5+ years experience as a hands-on software architect, preferably in a customer facing capacity
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and tools such as Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, and other container platforms
- Experience in data engineering, big data, and database operations, delivery and operational services in Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack
- Understanding of storage technologies and how they factor into providing highly available business applications both on premise and in the cloud
- Knowledge of the enterprise application development lifecycle and how container platforms are changing it
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Bias for action and ability to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Portworx technologies
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present ‘the big picture’ and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Dynamic presence and excellent communications skills
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience presenting to IT executives and decision makers
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Understanding of container platform offerings such as Kubernetes and DC/OS
- Experience with HA deployments for modern scale out databases and data processing solutions like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch and HDFS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Join the Portworx team! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org