Position Title: Software Developer Work Location: Albuquerque, NM - Kirtland AFB Job Summary: The Software Developer position is a senior engineering position. The senior software engineer is expected to be able to interact with the customer to elicit a clear, mutually agreed on description of what the product receives as input, must perform, and what is produced as output. The senior software engineer distills this written description into a customer level set of requirements - focusing on inputs, outputs, and processes - and negotiates agreement with the customer. The senior software engineer produces a design - comprehensible by the customer - and negotiates approval. The senior software engineer decomposes the design into increments, with demonstrations at pre-arranged intervals demonstrating the implementation of the approved design. Test data and procedures are written for each increment, demonstrating requirements fulfillment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- Expected to interact with the customer to elicit a clear, mutually agreed on description of what the product receives as input, must perform, and what is produced as output.
- Translate the operational concept into a set of requirements and from those requirements into a functional product.
- Extract written description into a customer level set of requirements - focusing on inputs, outputs, and processes - and negotiates agreement with the customer.
- Decompose design into increments and demonstration at pre-arranged intervals demonstrating the implementation of the approved design.
- Write procedures and test for each increment, demonstrating requirements fulfillment.
- The senior software engineer produces a design - comprehensible by the customer - and negotiates approval.
- Master's Degree or PH Degree
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in Software engineering solutions.
- This individual should have experience developing and writing operational concepts and requirements - preferably in an interactive manner (e.g., working groups) and preferably as a lead.
- DoD security clearance is required.
- The individual should have experience creating clean, multi-layered designs. Design documentation should be easily understood by a non-technical audience (no jargon or specialized notation). Designs should show a clear decomposition from the system into individual functions, with the associated interface clearly specified (this should be a show me type evaluation).
- The individual should have the requisite experience creating software (experience should be a combination of years, variety of projects, and project complexity).
- The individual should be capable of (and have a demonstrated experience performing) writing and documenting functional test procedures. This work should include the demonstrated experience of determining what a test data set needs to demonstrate and creating that data set.
- The individual should be able to efficiently troubleshoot the product following deployment.
Physical Requirements: Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Security Clearance: DoD active security clearance may be required Company Summary: Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services. Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions On Time & On Budget." Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals.
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Enjoys the challenges of dynamic research and development project
- Must be a