Job Title: MS SQL Developer (Hybrid Onsite - Locals Only) Location: Hartford, CT Duration: 12 Months Job Type: Corp to Corp / 1099 / Rate: $67.60/hr on C2C Job Description: 6-8 yrs exp Full-time professional work experience in Information Technology. Substitutions: Accredited college training may substitute for the required work experience with a maximum substitution of four (4) years. (Fifteen (15) semester hours in Information Technology or a related area is required.) Accredited graduate training in the above area may substitute for the required work experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. Successfully completion of an Information Technology Certification program, may substitute for the required work experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. (Proof of certification must accompany application.) Two (2) years of work experience as an Application Systems Analysis/Programming-Specialist; Application Systems Analysis/Programming-Intermediate; Application Developer-Senior may substitute for all of the required experience.
- Production Support of software Applications and Reports.
- Develop basic to complex Reports using SSRS-(SQL Server Reporting Services), Microsoft Visual Studio, focusing on Business Intelligence development tools.
- Proactively interact and collaboratively work with a variety of people, (e.g. Management, Business Partners, Report Writers, End-Users, Customers, etc ), to clarify Business Requirements / Design Specifications and work through obstacles both independently and on a team.
- Ability to create / write Unit Test cases from Requirements / Design Specifications, when requested.
- Ability to learn / query the various Data Source systems, (e.g. MS SQL databases), in order to perform Unit Testing and verify the accuracy of a developer's source code in relation to the written Business Requirements / Design Specifications and then document all software discrepancies.
- Ability to investigate issues, modify source code, and re-test until all known software discrepancies have been resolved.
- Ability to provide time estimates for completing assignments and meet scheduled deadlines regularly.
- Ability to follow the SDLC, (Waterfall and Agile), Software Development Methodologies.
- Perform related duties as required.